All of our valued passengers are classified as:
- Adult: A person who has reached his/her 12th birthday as of the date of commencement of travel.
- Child: A person who has reached his/her 2nd birthday but not his/her 12th birthday (i.e. between the ages of 2 to 11 inclusive) as of the date of commencement of travel.
- Infant: A person who has not reached his/her second birthday at the time of departure for each flight during the course of the journey.
All of our fares available are based on the above categories. There may be occasions where you, or a member of your travelling party, was classified as a child or infant at the commencement of the journey but the classification changed to child or adult during the journey.
What happens when your infant turns into a child after commencement of your journey (2 years)?
If your child turns 2 after the departure date of the first flight of your journey, you will need to book a child fare ticket if you are booking his or her ticket online. Alternatively, you may visit your nearest Qatar Airways ticketing office or your preferred travel agent to book the ticket or adjust an existing booking.
You may either purchase a child fare ticket for the entire journey, or purchase two separate tickets i.e. an infant fare ticket for the commencement of the journey and a child fare ticket for the return/onward journey.
What happens when your child turns into an adult after commencement of your journey (12 years)?
- If no changes are made to your original ticket then no difference in fare would need to be collected.
- If you make a change to your ticket after commencement of your origin destination with:
- No change in your original reservation booking designator within the validity of the ticket, then the difference of fare will not be applicable. However, the applicable taxes/fees/charges and penalties would need to collected as per the fare conditions of your ticket.
- If you make a change within the validity of the original ticket but with a change in your original reservation booking designator, then the difference of fare will be collected with the applicable taxes/fees/charges and penalties.