Preferred Seats that are located in Economy Class near the emergency exit doors, are subject to flight safety guidelines of aviation regulations.
You may be assigned a Preferred Seat located beside an emergency exit door if you meet the following safety criteria:
- At least 18 years of age at the commencement of the journey.
- Fully able-bodied and capable of opening the exit doors, moving quickly and passing through the adjacent Emergency Exit. Passengers with reduced mobility or any disability, whether profound or partial, and passengers using portable oxygen or any other medical equipment are ineligible because they may endanger themselves or others.
- Able to follow the safety instructions in English.
- In good health at the time of check-in, boarding, and during the flight.
- Not carrying infants or using an infant seat belt. Not pregnant.
- Not under the influence of any intoxicating substance at check-in, boarding, and during the flight.
- Not requiring an extension seat belt because of large body size.
If you have selected preferred seats near the emergency exit doors and do not meet any one of the above safety criteria, Qatar Airways may re-assign your seat before or during the journey.
To check your aircraft's configuration and find out more about seat width and pitch, as well as services available on the aircraft, click here and navigate to the aircraft's seat map.