For the safety of the animal, Qatar Airways does not accept certain breeds of domestic dogs and cats that cannot maintain a normal body temperature and are therefore susceptible to an increased risk of heat stroke. These include:
- Cats: Exotic and Persian/ Shirazi
- Dogs: Greyhound dogs with the exception of pets (no more than two greyhound dogs can be booked as pets per AWB). Affenpinscher, Any Pug, American Pit Bull Terrier, Bichon Frise, Bull dog (all breeds), Boston Terrier, Boxer, Brussels Griffon, Bull Mastiff (English Mastiff) Cane Corso, King Charles Spaniel, Chow Chow, Dogo Argentino, Dogue de Bordeaux (French Mastiff) English Mastiff, Neapolitan Mastiff, Japanese Chin, Pekingese, Presa Canario, Shar Pei, Shih Tzu, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Bull Terrier , Pitbull Terrier, American Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Valley Terrier and French Terrier
Note: For the carriage of cats and dogs, we recommend that you obtain a veterinary certificate certifying that the animal does not fall in any of the above categories.
We also will not accept:
- Primates that are being carried for research purposes
- Animals younger than twelve (12) weeks
- Fragile / weak animals
- Female animals with suckling young – carriage will only be permitted on the basis of a veterinary certificate stating that both mother and young are fit to travel
- Cats or dogs which are more than six (6) weeks pregnant - carriage will only be accepted if a veterinary certificate certifies that the animal is fit to travel and there is no risk of birth during the journey
- Rodents such as mice, rats, marmots, and rabbits are not allowed as excess baggage. Such animals must be transported as cargo.
For the safety and comfort of the animal, we recommend transporting your pet as cargo during the hotter months (May-October).