For the safety of the animal, Qatar Airways does not accept certain breeds of domestic dogs and cats that cannot maintain a normal body temperature and are therefore susceptible to an increased risk of heat stroke. These include:
- American Pit Bull Terrier
- American Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- Bichon Frise
- Boston Terrier
- Bull dog (all breeds)
- Bull Mastiff (English Mastiff)
- Cane Corso
- Chow Chow
- Dogo Argentino
- Dogue de Bordeaux (French Mastiff)
- English Mastiff
- French Terrier
- Greyhound dogs with the exception of pets
(No more than two greyhound dogs can be booked as pets)
- Japanese Chin
- King Charles Spaniel
- Neapolitan mastiff
- Pitbull Terrier
- Presa Canario
- Pug (all breeds)
- Shar Pei
- Shih Tzu
- Stafforshire Bull Terrier
- Valley Terrier
Note: For the carriage of cats and dogs, we recommend that you obtain a veterinary certificate certifying that the animal does not fall within any of the above categories.
We also will not accept:
- Primates that are being carried for research purposes
- Animals younger than twelve (12) weeks
- Fragile / weak animals
- Female animals with suckling young – carriage will only be permitted on the basis of a veterinary certificate stating that both mother and young are fit to travel
- Cats or dogs which are more than six (6) weeks pregnant - carriage will only be accepted if a veterinary certificate certifies that the animal is fit to travel and there is no risk of birth during the journey
- Certain breeds of dogs and cat (such as snub-nosed breeds) as they are susceptible to increased risk of heat stroke when exposed to temperatures above 21 degrees Centigrade, or when under stress.
- Rodents such as mice, rats, marmots, and rabbits are not allowed as excess baggage. Such animals must be transported as cargo.
Further requirements and restrictions may apply per country. If you are planning to travel with a pet, click here to check local country regulations before booking.
For the safety and comfort of the animal, we recommend transporting your pet as cargo during the hotter months (May-October).
For information on excess baggage rates click below
For enquiries contact your local offices, contact details can be found in the following link https://www.qatarairways.com/en/worldwide-offices.html