Wheelchairs are available for use at all airport locations and can help in transferring you from one point to the other within the airport throughout your journey. You may submit a special service request for a wheelchair at the time of booking or through the 'Manage Booking' feature online, or by contacting your local Qatar Airways office at least 48 hours prior to departure.
If you intend to travel with your own wheelchair or use other mobility aid then please inform us either at the seat booking stage or after you have made your booking. We will carry your wheelchair or mobility aid free of charge. A list of our office contact details can be found here.
The following is pertinent with respect to mobility aids:
- You will be able to use your personal wheelchair or mobility aid wherever possible. However, another wheelchair will be used to take you to your allocated seat on the aircraft.
- Battery powered wheelchairs and mobility aids will be accepted as checked baggage and kept in the aircraft hold. We will not accept transport of a damaged or leaking battery.
- Please provide sufficient details about your wheelchair/mobility aid and batteries to our staff prior to travel. This will enable our staff to better assist you as well as to take adequate safety measures.
Flights to and from U.S.
- Our aircraft have storage space in the passenger cabin for one folding / collapsible or 'manual' wheelchair or other mobility aids such as canes, crutches and walkers. The space is allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- If space is not available in the passenger cabin, your wheelchair or mobility aid will be carried in the aircraft hold as checked baggage. Wheelchairs with spillable batteries will be accepted only on U.S. flights.